Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Week of Oct. 22-Oct. 28

Following the 30K race on Sunday, Oct. 21, I decided to take some down time to recover and get ready for a couple of weeks of solid training before backing down for the Louisville Marathon. Of course, with days off, my mileage was really low, but I was able to run the longest long run I've run a long time of around 25 miles (though it was brutal) and I feel reasonably fine heading into another week of training. Here's what the week consisted of:

(Sunday: 30K race in 2:05:00)
Monday: Did not run, very sore!!!
Tuesday: Did not run, still sore!!
Wednesday; Did not run, still sore!
Thursday: 4 miles easy, pushing Emma. Still sore but couldn't take another day off
Friday: 4 miles easy, still sore but feeling better
Saturday: Did not run, decided to do a long run the following day so took off to rest up
Sunday: 3 hours, 40 minutes, 40 seconds = around 25 miles I calculated. Started out at what I felt like was around 8-minute miles, slowed down to 8:30's after about 2 hours, then struggled in the final hour. Ran from my house in Pleasureville to the Game Farm in Frankfort. The last 30 minutes were really brutal, but I worked through it and got in a good long run.

So my mileage for the week was around 33 miles in just three runs. This week, my plan is to do one workout at marathon-pace or faster, one session of hill sprints to work on power and strength, and run one semi-long run at a faster pace.

No comments: