Sunday, January 27, 2008

Week of Jan. 21-27

I had one of my better weeks of training in a long time, completing 6 runs Monday through Saturday, including a few faster runs and 1 day of 3 total hours of running. Here's what the previous week looked like...

Monday: 80 minutes progression run, getting down to around 6:30 pace.
Tuesday: 45 minutes steady pace with 10 1-minute hard segments.
Wednesday: 41 minutes progression run, getting down to around 6:30 pace.
Thursday: 30 minutes on treadmill.
Friday: No running. Went to the KPA awards banquet that night, where I won seven awards, including first place in Sports Columns, first in News Story, second and third in Sports Feature, and some headlines and page design top-3 awards.
Saturday: Ran from my house in Pleasureville to Shelbyville (to pick up my car I left at Kroger the night before) and ran a few miles with the Shelbyville Road Runners. In all, it was 2 hours and 10 minutes of running at a steady pace. Saturday night I ran 50 minutes on the treadmill at a faster pace, which gave me 3 hours of total running.

Looking forward: Now that I have just 3 weeks until the 50K trail race, time is running out to get in a long run lasting more than 3 hours like I had planned to do. So I might do a mid-week long run of 3-4 hours this coming week, and then run a shorter long run at a faster pace on the weekend. I figure a long run 17 days out will be better than a long run 14 days out (for recovery purposes).
Well, hopefully I will have a solid week of training the following 7 days, then start to back off for the race.

No comments: