Saturday, January 12, 2008

Week of Jan. 7-13

I've had a few injuries and was sick off-and-on for the past few weeks, so took a little while off from running to regroup. I've ran a few times each week during the past month but nothing serious. This week, six weeks out from my scheduled 50K Race, I started running again. Here's what the week looked like:

Monday: 31 minutes easy run.
Tuesday: 10 minutes, plus 1 minute hard and 1 minute easy 10 times = 30 minutes total.
Wednesday: 34 minutes progression run, starting out at around 8-minute pace, dropping to 7-minute pace around a mile into the run and finishing at 6:30-pace. Plus 10 100-meter sprints.
Thursday: No running (played basketball and volleyball though).
Friday: 35 minutes easy run.
Saturday: 2 hours long run, starting easy and running miles 7-14 at a hard pace of around 6:30 miles.
Sunday: No running.

Notes: So for my first week back, I ran around 40 miles in five days. I had two mid-week hard runs with the 1-1 fartlick and the progression run, and completed a long run of around 17 miles on Saturday - running 11 miles with the Shelbyville Road Runners. I thought it was a decent first week, and with five weeks left until the 50K race, I want to increase my mileage and my weekend long run. I heard that the 50K race has lots! of hills, so that's something I need to work on.

No comments: