Sunday, March 14, 2010

March 8-14

Monday -- 4 miles (still recovering from strep throat)
Tuesday -- 4 miles / 5 miles = 9 miles
Wednesday -- 5 miles with 2 sets of 1K, 2x400
Thursday -- Off
Friday -- 6 miles steady
Saturday -- 24-Hour Race, 38 miles
Sunday -- Off
Total -- 62 miles

Still recovering from strep throat that has back-tracked my training, the week got off to a slow start before the Highland Renaissance 24-Hour Race over the weekend. In the first annual event, which I was the Race Director, I had not planned to compete but decided to do a long run in preperation for the Louisville Derby Marathon. The race started at 8 a.m. but I didn't start running until around 1 p.m. I ran 20 miles easy (on the two-mile long loops), took a break, then ran 14 miles progressingly increasing the pace to close to seven-minute miles. After the 34 miles, I took a long break, then walked four miles for 38 total during the event. I felt good considering I have been coming off the strep throat, had not been doing many long runs and ran 34 miles at a decent pace. From this point forward, I need to really start focusing on the marathon training with an emphasize on long runs and maraton-specific workouts. I will race the Papa John's 10-Miler on April 3 and the Derby Marathon on April 24.

No comments: